Fr Kevin Jones' Blog

Fr's Kevin Jones and the Christian family in the Crowthorne and Sandhurst RC parish.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Bangkok and Sister Roseline.

Sister Roseline

















When I arrive in Bangkok Sister Roseline is waiting for me. Due to a mix-up we do not go back to the rebirth centre but go back to her sisters house on the other side of Bangkok which turns out to be a Long journey. We left the airport about eleven o’clock and didn’t get there until four o’clock in the afternoon. The traffic was horrendous and as it turned out we came the wrong way. We should have gone on the ring road which only takes an hour but we silly billies when right through the middle of Bangkok city. I have a feeling I don’t want to see Bangkok again!!! But sister Roseline is such fun to be with she has a bubbly character which makes her endearing. We don’t do much over the day and a half I’m there only shopping and seeing the cathedral and visiting the hospital where sister has an appointment which by the way is a private hospital run by religious sisters. I ask sister does she get it free being a Religious. No she tells me we don’t even get a discount. For the first time when we get home eventually after a monsoon storm I get the computer going. Now I can start putting down in writing what has been happening during my trip to Myanmar. However I’m two weeks behind and seem to be getting more and more behind for at the time of writing this I am four weeks behind. Hopefully I will catch up in the next few weeks as I am in a quiet parish and have a little more time to put down what I am up to. Left Bangkok after saying goodbye to sister Roseline and thanking her for all she had done for me, at six o’clock and arrived in New Zealand some eighteen hours later. Though we did have a stop in Sydney for three hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home